So I was nominated for this by Marina over at bookpoisoning. Thank you for that by the way, this is the first time I’ve been nominated for something like this!
Of course there are some rules to this so here they are:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you
- Give eleven random facts about yourself
- Nominate eleven bloggers that you think are deserving of the award (with less than 200 followers)
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them
- Give them eleven questions to answer
It took me forever to come up with answers to some of these questions and some of my answers surprised me.
1. Which fictional character do you wish were real?
There are so many to choose from! Probably Harry Potter. In my head he is a total hottie and who wouldn’t want someone as brave and badass as that in their life? Yes please.
2. What is the longest book you’ve ever read?
I legit had to go over to my bookshelf to check the page numbers. I really don’t want to sound repetitive but being perfectly honest the longest book I’ve ever read is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. That is a chunk of a book and it took me forever to read it (well not really, probably about a week).
3. Any book you wish you could reread for the first time?
I’m going to try and withhold my automatic answer of Harry Potter so I’m going to say something else … but what …
This is a hard question. I’m staring at my shelf and keep going “maybe that one… no… that one?” I think I’m going to say The Mortal Instruments series, technically not a single book but whatever. I remember loving City of Bones when I first read it but I think the magic has worn off for me, at least at the moment. I’m currently trying to re-read the whole series to little success and I’m really struggling through it. If I were reading it now for the first time I would probably fly through the books and devour them.
4. What’s your favourite things about blogging?
I’ve literally only being doing this since the beginning of the month so I’m not that experienced yet. I have a few favourite things, at the moment the thing I like most is posting a new post and seeing people respond to what I’m talking about or the book I’m reviewing. I also love learning new things, there are a few posts were my pictures are all over the place and I’m still learning the best placements for things. I love doing something new and loving how it looks. I’m still a little shy and not commenting very much on the blogs that I follow but I have been getting better at it so I’m pretty proud of myself for that too.
5. If you could live inside a book, which one would it be?
Technically not a world but who doesn’t want to go to Hogwarts? I do. I’m still waiting for my Hogwarts letter it’s only ten years too late.
6. Which author would you most like to meet?
I think Kristin Cashore who wrote the Graceling Realm Series. I love her books and would like to talk to her more about them. If I ever get asked this again in a few years I’m almost positive my answer will be different.
You were probably expecting me to say J.K. Rowling weren’t you? Well as much as she is my favourite author I don’t think I want to meet her. I’d probably get all tongue tied (not that I don’t anyway) and make a fool of myself. I’d regret it for the rest of my life because I most likely wouldn’t get a chance to redeem myself.
7. If you could have any of your questions about a book answered, what would it be? (ex: what happens to Gale after Mockingjay? etc)
Another tough question. Recently I just finished reading Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda (SKIP THIS IF YOU DON’T WANT A SMALL SPOILER!) I think I’d ask Becki Albertalli, the author, if Simon and Blue make it as a couple? I can kind of see them being happy together but they are only in their teens. (END SPOILER)
Other than that I’d ask J.K.R what she was thinking when she crushed thousands of hearts when she killed of my baby Sirius Black. WHY J.K.R WHY?! *cough* sorry.
8. Which book do you have no intention of reading?
I have a few books I have no intention of reading. I’ll just name two of them though. I’ve already mentioned this is a Top Ten Tuesday post but I have no intention of reading To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han and Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins.
9. Are you more Amazon or your local bookstore?
I shop for books more on Amazon than I do in my bookstore. The only reason for this however is that I don’t really have a local bookstore, so I don’t have much choice. I prefer going out and shopping for my books though.
10. Which character’s death was just too real to handle?
I cry every time Sirius and Dobby are killed. It’s painful to even watch it in the films. I can’t.
Sirius Black is my favourite character, I gloss over the fact that he dies with fanfiction and denial.
11. If you could have a bookish-themed wedding, what theme would you choose?
It wouldn’t be based off a specific book but I would love to have a wedding in an Enchanted Forest setting. That would be awesome.
My Eleven Random Facts
- I’m trying to grow my hair. I’ve had it in a pixie cut for the past four or five years and it is now down just past my shoulders. I haven’t had the urge to cut it all off yet but it is mostly always up in a pony.
- I have two dogs: Tess a Chocolate Labrador who is 7 or 8 I forget and Charlie (Charles) a Shih Tzu who is 2.
- I have two cats: Cleo who is 19 and Pebbles who is 20. I’m not completely sure on their ages but I know they are around there.
- I love wearing slipper socks.
- I love love love all things to do with Final Fantasy 7, 10, 13 and new releases.
- My brother got me in to Dragon Ball and Z when I was in school and my obsession hasn’t ended. I can’t wait to watch Dragon Ball Super when it has been dubbed.
- If you can’t already tell I’m a huge anime and manga freak.
- I’m almost always seen with a cup of tea.
- I have a weird thing that when I’m reading I have to have something to do with my hands so I am always playing with a ball of blue tack
- I want to be an author eventually but I am very lazy.
- I loathe mornings. Seriously don’t wake me up, I’ve been known to kick my sister when she does.
Who I Nominate:
Looking through the people I follow at the moment most of them have more than 200 followers and\or have already done this tag\award so I’m sorry if there aren’t eleven blogs tagged, I did my best. By the way I love all of your blogs.
My Questions to you
- Have you got any signed books?
- What is your favourite book or book series?
- What is your favourite book cover so far?
- When\How did you get in to reading?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Have you ever read any manga? If so what was your first read?
- Book Boyfriend\Girlfriend?
- What is your favourite part of blogging and why?
- What are your favourite types of blog posts to read\write?
- Any bloggish pet peeves?
- Most anticipated release?